Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Weekend in San Francisco




Yesterday I got back from the Waves to Wine MS 150 cycling tour. What an amazing weekend! I almost didn't go, because I had been sick for about 2 weeks with a bad cough. I hardly trained for the event at all, so I knew it would be tough. (Good thing that I didn't know just how tough!)

On day 1, we rode 77 very difficult miles. We started in San Francisco at AT&T Park, headed over the Golden Gate Bridge, through Sausalito, which was painfully hilly. Then we rode out HWY 1 to Stinson Beach. The views of the Pacific were amazing!! The day ended at Sonoma Mountain Village in Rohnert Park. What a day - I was exhausted! We climbed over 7500 vertical feet!





On day 2, we left from Rohnert Park with the temperatures in the mid-40's. My fingers and toes were numb for about the first 45 minutes, but once the sun came out, it was warm and beautiful. We wound around to Healdsburg on gentle hills through beautiful rural countryside and vineyards. We finished near Lake Sonoma, at the end of Dry Creek Road in the heart of wine country. We covered about 73 miles.


No comments: