Friday, October 19, 2007

End of Busy Season Party

Today we left work early to attend the tax end-of-busy-season party. Everyone got all dressed up in traditional Indian attire. It was so much fun! The evening began with dance and singing performances (all by Deloitte tax employees). Later there was dinner and several hours of dancing. Whoa, these Indians can DANCE!

I also got a temporary henna thing on my hand. I was told that's it's "auspicious" to have your husband's initial stenciled into the design, so if you look closely, you can see the "P" near my knuckle!




1 comment:

Meg Natraj said...

I love your salwar kameez, Courtney! It's very pretty!

And those chappals are fabulous! One sad thing about moving to Norway is that I can't wear sandles. Maybe for a few weeks a year, but that's it!

I'd better not look back at this before I go to India in January, because I might go crazy buying clothes and shoes!