Saturday, August 4, 2007

Trip to Austin, 7/28/07

Last Sunday we drove to Austin. We left the house at 5:30 am so that we could go to Sunday School and church at Northwest Hills United Methodist Church where we used to be members. That evening, we went to a Mark Schultz concert at PromiseLand Church with two other couples from our Sunday School class, Judy & Gary and Dayna & Andy.

It turns out that Andy and Mark are second cousins, so we were able to meet Mark after the show! He is a very friendly, funny, and humble guy. It was strange to meet him in person because there have been many times when God has spoken to me in powerful ways through his music and I guess I forgot that he's just a regular, down-to-earth man. We had so much fun that night and I will never forget it.


Phil, me, Mark Schultz, Andy, Judy, and Gary after the show


Dayna, Mark, and Andy - "More bars in more places"

You can go to www.markschultzmusic.com to hear songs off his newest album.

No comments: