Friday, August 31, 2007

The best DAM thing!

I love my masters team! Last night we had a happy hour get-together at a suite in the Sheraton, which is just a short walk down Kaanapali Beach from the Westin. It was fun getting to meet some new people, because I only knew a few to start with. There must be at least 40 swimmers from DAM (Dallas Aquatic Masters) here. I think we have 6 or 7 relay teams, which each have 6 team members.

This morning we had an ocean swim practice at 8:30. This isn't my first time at the beach, but I had never swum in the ocean before and I was a little scared! But despite the nastiness of saltwater in my mouth, it was amazing! The water here is so clear and you can see so far down beneath you! All I saw were fish, but someone said they saw a stingray. We have another practice at 3:30 this afternoon so maybe I'll see something more this time. Just no sharks, please!


The whole DAM team

No comments: