Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Travel confirmed!

Well, it's really happening. Today I booked my flight and hotel for my 3-week trip to Hyderabad this fall! The picture below is the Taj Krishna hotel where I'll be staying. I leave October 13. I will fly from Dallas to Frankfurt, then Frankfurt to Hyderabad on Lufthansa. Then, on the way back home in early November, I will take a side trip from Frankfurt to Dusseldorf to visit my cousin Kristen. I am so excited!

Also today, I went with Brittany and some of her friends from the office for my first taste of Indian food at the Taj Mahal restaurant in Dallas. Brittany's friend Gagan, who is from New Delhi, recommended it. His only word of caution was that the food in Hyderabad might be a little bit spicier than what they serve in Dallas! Overall, I thought the food was pretty good - especially the nan, which was just like a thick tortilla. I also had a really yummy mango-yogurt kind of drink.

No comments: