Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dirty Jobs Revelation

I just got to Dayton and settled into the hotel. I happened to turn on "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery where they are at a pig farm. During the show they mentioned the well-known nursery rhyme "this little pig went to market..." and for the first time in my life, I realized that the lyrics aren't referring to a pig going grocery shopping. I always pictured the momma pig dressing up in high heels and pearls and going shopping at, say, the Piggly Wiggly :)

I can't believe it took me two decades to figure that out.

2 comments:

ruth said...

we were watching the same episode at possibly the same time last night. i didn't have that revelation though:)

Meg Natraj said...

Oh. Poor piggy!

I blame it on the illustrations in all those old nursery rhyme books. That piggy was too there to shop!

So, uh... What about the piggy that "had roast beef?"