Saturday, September 27, 2008

Deliciousness

If you have ever driven down Main Street in Duncanville, you've probably noticed a cute little drug store called Ben Franklin Apothecary. We drove past it every Sunday for 2 years on the way to and from church. Finally, one Friday this summer, Phil and I met with our pastor on a weekday to discuss FPU, and after the meeting we decided to go in for lunch at the little deli inside the drugstore. It's called Kitchen's Deli and it is now on the list of my top favorite local restaurants. We went there for lunch yesterday and split a cherry vanilla ice cream soda - YUMM. 

What other places are on my list, you ask? Drum roll please.... here they are:

1. The Commissary - Germantown, TN (best barbeque in the world)
2. Kitchens Deli - Duncanville, TX (everything is amazing, especially their old-fashioned ice cream sodas)
3. Sam's Pizza & Pasta - Cedar Hill, TX (best house salad dressing I've ever tasted)
4. Cafe Etc. - Cordova, TN (what really puts this place on my list is the fried dill pickles)
5. Veracruz - Duncanville, TX (especially when they have live music!)

As you can see, to be included on the above list you must be a local place. No chains allowed!

2 comments:

ruth said...

I just went to Cafe Etc. the other day and had some fried rice. I wanted the pickles, but Phil doesn't eat pickles and I would have had to eat the whole basket myself.

HoodMama said...

My brother lived in Germantown until just last year. He never told me about the Commissary. That's JUST like him to save the best restaurants for himself. :)
Love the Tom Thumb tip!!! So did several others! Thanks!
Do you exercise all the time? I'd love to do a 10K. Your's looked so fun.