Saturday, October 4, 2008

Bethany Boba Tea House experience

Today Brittany and I caved to our craving for authentic bubble tea. About a month ago, when we had occasion to be in Plano, we tried out a place called Fat Straws. It was good, but waaay far north of home, kind of overpriced, and... well, I can't exactly put it into words, but it had that franchised feel to it. 

We looked for bubble tea closer to home and found the website for Bethany Boba Tea House in Arlington, about a 15 minute drive from home. It was in a strip mall that contained the following restaurants: Acopulco Restaurant, Nizza's Pizza, a Mediterranean grill, The India Star, and the Bethany Boba Tea House. Diversity? - check. 

Brittany ordered the iced almond milk tea with boba:

I ordered the iced Japanese green tea with milk and boba:

Yum! And chewy! 

It was so good that we are going back tomorrow for lunch. I think I'll avoid the stinky tofu, however. 


Needless to say, this place has landed a spot on my local favorites list! The employees were so friendly, and they played Christian music which earns them bonus points.

3 comments:

Janice said...

I think I would also avoid the fish ball soup if I were you! Love, Mom

Meg Natraj said...

Oh my! They serve stinky tofu?! I hope the place doesn't smell like stinky tofu!

I was just extolling to my officemate the other day how much I miss the food in China, but you just reminded me that I don't miss everything!

I am a bit disappointed that I never tried the stuff, but I just couldn't get over the smell! And it always seemed to stink everywhere within a city block of a stinky tofu joint! :-/

Naomi said...

Bubble tea is the best! There is another place in Arlington, a Vietnamese Noodle Shop, that makes really good bubble tea. Their food is really good too!

Have you ever tried fried tofu? If not, we have to go eat at First Chinese BBQ together sometime, its in Arlington also.... it tastes awesome!