Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Running group


I've been training for the White Rock Half Marathon which will take place on December 14 here in Dallas. I knew I couldn't stick to a training plan on my own (tried it last year...) so I invited some friends to create a running group. The group includes my sister Brittany, my sister-in-law Kelsey, Chelsea - a friend of masters' swimming, and two of Chelsea's friends, Steph and Kat. We all do our mid-week runs on our own, and we get together on Saturdays for the long runs. This picture was taken after our first group run where we started at 3 miles. Since then, we had two consecutive Saturdays at 4 miles and two more Saturdays at 5 miles. This Saturday (9/20) several of us are running the Tour des Fleurs 10k... I'll try to remember to bring my camera and get a group picture!

No comments: