Monday, August 25, 2008

Lord Have Mercy

...when will Phil and Brittany let it go?

I have been singing the lyrics wrong to an oldies tune. I like to sing "Lord Have Mercy, I'm a boy from down in the boondocks." Seriously, it's not off by that much and I don't see what it's that funny.

But here are some mix-ups more worthy of mention:
  • Secret Asian Man (Phil's high school buddy Tony)
  • Give me a reservation (me again; can you tell I travel? This is a great new Third Day song, though! - supposed to be "Give me a revelation"... oops)
  • Give me the beach boys... and free my soul... wanna get lost in the rock and roll (Amy)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

honestly...I have no idea what the lyrics are if they aren't "Lord have mercy..." Is that bad?? Miss you guys!

Amy said...

haha -- so i was just now reading all these recent posts, and got to this one and thought, "gee, that's funny about Courtney singing the lyrics wrong. I really identify with that since I do it all the time." And what do you know - I'm one of the examples! Haha awesome :). I enjoy reading your blog, by the way, Courtney.