Tuesday, September 25, 2007

While We Were Painting...

We (and I use the plural loosely...) just finished painting our bedroom and bathroom. One night while I was painting I heard some yelling coming from the family room... turns out a snake was in the house! This picture isn't great because he was all curled up (after Phil wrangled him into a bucket). But I'd say the snake was about 8 inches long!



I forgot to take "before" pictures of the bathroom, but it used to be a very unfortunate shade of dark green (on the left). Ever since we moved into the house I have wanted a nice pale mossy green bathroom. My first attempt (over a year ago) resulted in a green that can only be described in terms of ice cream. I like to compare it to mint chocolate chip ice cream minus the chocolate chips, or daquiri ice if you happen to be a Baskin Robbins connoisseur. It was bad. So then I tried to go with a darker green, which was also a mistake. Thanks to Restoration Hardware's paint samples, though, I finally found the perfect shade of green - "Sycamore".


We also ripped the big plain mirror off the wall and I bought two framed mirrors. I haven't hung them yet - anyone know how to hang a heavy mirror with D-rings and picture hooks? It will have to wait a couple of weekends.


This is the new color of the bedroom. It used to all be the same color as the ceiling, which made the crown molding blend in. Now that the walls are a little darker ("Cappuccino" from RH) I think it makes the woodwork stand out more. Now we just need to get some RH bedroom furniture on sale...


After a long day of painting I was sitting in bed working. Ruby and Dora snuggled up next to me and Ruby's little paw somehow wound up resting on Dora's back. I just think this is the cutest picture! (They aren't always this nice to each other!)

No comments: