Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend 1 of 3

It's Sunday afternoon already, and I just realized that I only have two more weekends left here. It's been a solitary but enjoyable weekend.

Yesterday I intended to join a cricket match in Secunderabad for expats & rotators. Unfortunately, my sleep schedule got a little messed up on Friday, and I wasn't able to fall asleep until 7 AM Saturday morning. Needless to say, I decided not to go to the 8 AM event! Instead I slept until noon, then went shopping at the mall. The Inorbit mall is nice, but it's so westernized that I almost didn't feel like I was in India (except that I only saw maybe 2 other caucasians the entire time). I browsed in a few stores, but nothing seemed like a good deal. Plus, I wasn't really looking for anything specific.

Finally, I made my last stop at HyperCity - think Target - to buy groceries. I don't like Indian food or spiciness, so my options here are extremely limited! I'm already tired of my three main options from last week: (1) room service, (2) Subway, and (3) Zone bars. I don't know why I didn't think of it before, but yesterday I asked the hotel to remove all the items from my mini-bar refrigerator, and I stocked it myself. Behold the bounty from HyperCity:


By the way, this juice box is my new favorite drink. I hope I can find this somewhere at home. I don't know why this flavor is not more popular in the US... sooo delicious!

No comments: