Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend, etc.


The cute Stewart family @ Northpark Mall

We had a fun weekend! Eliza, Byron, and their little girl Avery came for a visit. Byron and Phil played a little golf and Eliza and I checked out the new mall in Cedar Hill. Unfortunately, most of the stores aren't open yet. Eliza and I also got to experience the joy of seeing a 4 foot snake draped across the front entrance. The boys were golfing so I had to ask my neighbor Javier to come over and kill it. I don't think it was a poisonous snake. I didn't get a positive identification, though, because after Javier cut its head off with a shovel, he tossed it down the sewer!! Ewwwwww.

Anyway, we were sad to see the Stewarts leave... hopefully we can make a trip up to Michigan sometime this year! (Preferably in the summer so we can get a little relief from the Texas heat.)

Today was a momentous day for me! I submitted my application for CPA certification. Exam? Check. Ethics course? Check. Notarized oath? Check. Work experience form? Check. Check? Check. Whooo hoo... I'm almost a CPA!

No comments: