Saturday, March 1, 2008

I think it's over!!!

It has been just over a year since I started taking my CPA exams. I started with FAR, then BEC, then REG, and passed them all on the first try. Audit, on the other hand, was a whole different beast. This is partly because I've never done audit work (and never care to) and partly because I got cocky about passing the first 3 and stopped studying as hard. I first took the audit exam back in August, the day before we left for Hawaii. I guess I was understandably distracted, and no surprise - I didn't pass. Next I took it right after Thanksgiving. I should have studied a lot more, but it was only a few weeks after I had gotten back from my big trip, and, as Brian Regan might say, "I didn't take it serious!" 

Yesterday I took the audit exam for the third, yes, THIRD time. It's actually a little embarrassing to admit this. I'm not used to failing anything. (Although I did fail my driving exam on my 16th birthday because I rolled through a stop sign, but hello, it was in a parking lot and there was no one around!) I really did feel confident about this exam. Most of the questions looked quite familiar this time around! :) I should get results within about 4 weeks!! I hope, hope, hope that I am finally done with all these exams. I really should have gotten this out of the way 3 years ago while I was still in grad school!

No comments: