Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's 2008!



Wow! It's already 2008! Although this post is one day late, it's the perfect day to wish my nephew a Happy 3rd Birthday. Who am I kidding, 3-year-olds don't read my blog. See you in a couple of weeks, buddy.


Of course it wouldn't be New Year's if I didn't make a ridiculous list of things I want to accomplish. This year I finally stopped resolving to stop biting my nails. It clearly isn't going to happen. Instead, my list is entirely focused on the fun athletic events I want to do in 2008! I'm still not sure about the last one - the Prairie Man is actually a half-Ironman. We'll see.

  • March 1, 2008: DAM Spring SCY Meet
  • March 8, 2008: Athens YMCA Triathlon
  • April 6, 2008: Fast and Furious Duathlon
  • May 3-4, 2008: Sam's Club MS 150
  • May 17, 2008: Memphis in May Mountain Bike Tri
  • May 18, 2008: Memphis in May Triathlon
  • June 7, 2008: Metroplex Sprint Triathlon
  • July 26, 2008: South Central Zone LCM Championships
  • September 7, 2008: Prairie Man Triathlon

This is going to be a great year, though, even if I don't cross each and every one of the above items off my to-do list. Phil is going to start an MBA program in the fall and hopefully this is the year I'll finally make it official with the CPA thing. We're not planning any big trips - but who knows what little adventures will come our way. This weekend, it will be racquetball.

No comments: