Sunday, November 30, 2008

Genealogy

Some people might find graveyards creepy; I find them fascinating. Especially one like Riverside Cemetery in Sterling where a lot of Bogotts are buried. I took pictures so that one day when I have time to devote to genealogy, I can have some names and dates handy.


Bob Bogott was my grandfather's cousin. I remember visiting him in Sterling when I was young. His wife Jarmon would always have M&M's and Cokes for my sisters and me! They were Mennonites. Bob kept a notebook containing family research and once I remember him saying that when you look at some of the wedding dates versus the dates of the first baby's arrival, there were a lot of premature 10-lb babies born in the family. Ha!



I don't know who these people are... but I'll find out!



My great-grandfather (Arthur Ellsworth - hence the A. E. Bogott & Sons steel business) and great-grandmother.


This was my grandfather's brother, who died when he was only a few days old:
Daily Gazette - 28 August 1913. The infant son of Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Bogott died this morning at 8 o’clock, aged 10 days. Private funeral services were held this afternoon with interment in Riverside. The sorrowing parents have the sympathy of their many friends in their bereavement.


My grandfather, whom I never met, and my precious grandmother, who was born into eternal life last year. I miss her.

1 comment:

The Line of David said...

If you find out anymore about the Bogotts definitely post it. I hardly know anything about them. It'd be pretty interesting. I had forgotten about Bob and Jarmon and when we went to there big farm house. That was so fun.