Sunday, July 6, 2008

Bad Dog!

Yeah... Roscoe's gotta go.


He has some good points. He is very energetic and enjoys going for walks, runs, and playing at the dog park. He is good with verbal commands and obeys "sit" better than Ruby and Dora. Whenever he gets too playful in the house, he can be easily controlled with a squirt gun.

When we're NOT home, however, he turns into a very bad dog. Here are just some of the things he's "worked on":
  • Ate two pairs of my flip flops and "tasted" two other pairs.

  • Pulled the cushion off our hand-me-down rocking chair and ate a bunch of foam out of it.

  • Chewed a couple areas of woodwork before I was able to spray everything with bitter apple.

  • Chewed/broke the baby gate we purchased to keep him out of the upstairs.

  • Ate my lap desk (pictured below).

  • Quickly destroyed the tug-of-war toy I bought to distract him (pictured below when it was new... 15 minutes later he had pulled all the stuffing out of it!)

I emailed the pug rescue and let them know that this just isn't working. Unfortunately, he is going through "separation anxiety" according to the rescue folks. Sorry, I don't like the fancy terminology, I think he's just a bad dog who can't stay here anymore!!!

No comments: